Skip to main content
- Tell me about the last time you had to learn a new task. How did you go about learning? What, if any tools, did you employ?
- How do you stay on top of developments/trends in your field?
- Tell me how you keep your executive organized.
- What was the last book you’ve read for fun?
- What questions do you have for me?
- Who’s your mentor? Who is your role model, and why?
- What questions haven’t I asked you?
- What’s something that you can teach me?
- Was there a time when you had to agree to a decision even if it was against your will? Why did you agree?
- What bothers you most about other people?
- Tell me about the time a manager rejected one of your ideas. How did you react to his/her feedback?
- Tell me about the time you were asked to do something that violated your personal code of ethics.
- If I assign work that isn’t part of your job description, what will you do?
- Tell me a story about how you solved a conflict or disagreement between you and a former colleague.
- What are your hobbies?
- What is your favorite website?
- What are your favorite apps?
- Give an example of a time that you had to respond to an unhappy manager/customer/colleague.
- Tell me about a time that you disagreed with a rule or approach.
- Tell me about a time you made a mistake, and how you dealt with it.
- Share a rewarding team experience.
- Tell me about a time when you worked with a difficult team member.
- If I called your previous boss, what would they say your strengths are? What would your friends say?
- How could your colleagues describe you?
- If I called your boss right now and asked them about an area that you could improve on, what would they say?
- Describe a time when your team or company was undergoing some change. How did that impact you, and how did you adapt?
- What motivates you?
- What are your career goals?
- Describe a time when you saw some problem and took the initiative to correct it rather than waiting for someone else to do it.
- Tell me about a time you were dissatisfied in your work. What could have been done to make it better?
- What kind of rewards are most satisfying for you?
- Tell me about a time when you were bored on-the-job. What did you do to make your job moreinteresting?
- Tell me about a recent project or problem that you made better, faster, smarter, more efficient,or less expensive.
- Give a time when you went above and beyond the requirements for a project.
- Tell me about a time you failed. How did you deal with this situation?
- Tell me about a project or accomplishment that you consider to be the most significant in your career.
- Why would you be an asset to the firm?
- What are your areas for development?
- What is the most difficult aspect of your current position? How do you deal with it?
- Tell me how you handled a difficult situation.
- How do you handle pressure?
- Why are you interested in working for us?
- What would you look to accomplish in the first 30 days / 60 days / 90 days on the job?