Executive Assistant to Founder
- Opportunities for event planning and ad hoc project management
- Supporting a well-known and regarded down to earth female founder
- Exposure to innovative female and diverse founders and portfolio companies focused on positive world and humanity changing technologies
Executive Assistant to Managing Director
- Sophisticated calendar management for a rapidly changing schedule
- Assist with processing paperwork for new startups
- Draft, review, redline and/or comment on and proofread documents and charts as needed; transcribe partner notes or edits to emails or documents and charts.
- Provide logistical support for meetings in the office and elsewhere.
- Manage complex travel arrangements.
- Track expenses; manage credit cards and receipts.
Relationship Management Support
- Update and maintain partner/firm contacts using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Knowledge of LinkedIn to research new and existing contacts and extend invitations to connect via LinkedIn to contacts met in office and at events. Respond to requests for connection using defined criteria.
Arrange all aspects of firm annual meeting and other events including identifying, inviting and scheduling participants and speakers; arranging for meals, materials, decorations, gifts, AV; and coordinating necessary local transportation.
TOP KEYS FOR CLIENT:
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to changing needs and priorities.
- Enjoy being part of a high performing team but work largely independently.
- Provide regular updates to the Managing Director to review and move actions forward. Track required actions until they have been completed.
- Demonstrated ability to think and act strategically and exercise sound judgment.
- Skilled at developing and maintaining personal and business relationships and representing
- Highly motivated to produce work that demonstrates excellent attention to detail, accuracy and, when needed, thoroughness.
- Be learning and research oriented. Use information resources to update job skills and knowledge.
- Ask questions as needed.
- Highly Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and technology savvy. Able to serve as a resource in utilizing technology and office equipment.
- Experience with CRM software like Affinity, Salesforce, Google (Contacts, Calendar, Docs, Drive), bill pay systems, and online banking preferred.
- Possess a valid Driver’s License. Own or have ready access to a car in safe, good working order that can be used for work duties as needed. Have vehicle insurance on any vehicle used for work duties.
- Able to ascend steep stairs due to office location, occasionally lift and/or move heavy objects (packages, deliveries).
- Embraces diversity.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree preferred. Regardless of education received, a high degree of drive, intelligence, common sense, and communication skills (written, oral, and interpersonal) are required.
- Five to ten years’ professional experience as an executive administrator and/or legal secretary highly desirable. Prior experience in a fast-paced technology company, a top law firm, venture capital, management consulting, accounting or other professional services firm is a plus.
Job ID: GIS2022G6