Director of Estate Operations
We have been exclusively retained to recruit a Director of Estate Operations for a high-profile family office in San Francisco. Incredible opportunity to use your creativity and eye for design while partnering with a philanthropy-driven and family-oriented innovator. This is a multi-faceted role with unique opportunities to flex artistic muscles and oversee all functions of the estate. Must have experience with celebrity-level family offices.
- Supporting an engaging, creative and charismatic founder.
- You have creative control with endless resources
- High profile network
- Longevity and stability
- Strong, well established reputation
- Opportunity for relocation
- Provide oversight and coordination for the following: operational controls, reporting procedures, human resources, insurance (cars, homes, large purchases, etc. and manage renewal), legal and risk management processes, budgets/financial controls and payroll.
- Maintain ongoing reports, databases, trackers, files, update and organize shared drives/files, update organizational charts, and expenses as needed
- Daily advanced calendaring, assisting with prioritizing schedules
- Complete other duties and special projects as assigned i.e. manage events at properties, artwork curation
- Act as point of contact for the staff and principal
- Liaise with all internal and external advisers.
- Oversight of multiple estates and management of home staff (hiring, onboarding, training, firing, etc.)
- Take charge of creating and implementing efficient and effective processes and procedures surrounding the estates
- Managing home projects and construction
- Act as a resource to both the principal and staff to maintain positive relationships throughout the family office. and implement staff retention program to retain staff for long term – to include staff counseling and mediation when appropriate.
- Act as single point of contact for the staff and principal to streamline operations and reduce miscommunications.
- Regular and clear communication with the principal in regard to all staffing, property and personal issues that may arise.
- Organize meetings when appropriate and fit into the principal’s schedule.
- Ensure the property staff (full-time and contract) are aware of all relevant information necessary to perform their jobs and understand the functionality of the organization as a whole.
Budgets/Financial Controls and Payroll
- Work with the accounting team and firm to develop budgets for each property and personal employment expenses.
- Develop a review and approvals process for principal.
- Monthly reconciliation of credit card statements
- Review and approve weekly accounts payable.
- Coordinate all insurance needs through broker; new cars, homes, large purchases
- Annual insurance renewal for residential, vehicles
- Infrastructure and Operations Controls
- Creation and oversight of all processes and procedures to ensure efficiency across all entities and extended family needs.
- Liaise with IT Consultants to ensure needs of the principal and staff are being met.
- Hire/Coordinate with Cyber Security Firm to verify best practices are being used across all technology and properties.
Top Keys for Client:
- Previous experience operating at least one to two family offices and hiring/managing staff.
- 5+ years of relevant experience supporting senior level executives in an administrative and estate management capacity.
- Strong work ethic, proactive, exhibits positivity, professionalism, confidentiality and good judgement.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication.
- Ability to deal with conflict as well as give and receive feedback diplomatically
- Ability to navigate and thrive in ambiguity.
- Incredibly organized and resourceful; able to juggle and multi-task, with an acute attention to detail and follow through.
- Exceptional eye for detail and organizational skills, aesthetically-minded
- Passion for trying, learning, improving, and sharing best practices.
- Ability to remain calm and poised under pressure.
- High level of discipline, dedication, poise and presentation.
- Incessantly curious and perceptive.
- Eagerness to learn and grow in the role.
- You understand trends and have a refined taste in design.
Job ID: INSEARCH20